Here are my favorite commercials from the Superbowl today, all of which occurred in the first half if I recall…
- Chevy Cruze: Misunderstanding – So many great quotes from the old people. “42 wild Italians?!”
- Pepsi Max: Love Hurts – Again with the physical comedy, like last year. Tried and true.
- Cowboys and Aliens – The longer trailer is better, but this new one shows the alien machines and other weird scenes, and does nothing but further peak my interest.
- Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon – Another Superbowl, another Transformers trailer… and they always do impress. The sounds effects were awesome, similar to those used in the trailer for the upcoming Battle for Los Angeles.
- Volkswagon: The Force I’ve linked the longer version of the commercial which is much better, not sure why they didn’t show it instead (cost aside).
- Snickers: Lumber This campaign continues to be funny.
- Super 8 – Finally, something more about this movie! This trailer had a different vibe than recent movie trailers in the same genre… not dark, menacing, and with crazy sound effects (although I like those). It still had abduction scenes, and destruction, but it just had a different, almost classic feel.
- Captain America I’m a sucker for movies based on comic books heros. This one again has a different feel than others in the genre. Is a theme evolving?
- Cars.com: Go First – The cowboy is funniest, and the only reason this makes it on my list.
If I had to pick a favorite, I would say the Volkswagon: The Force commercial (long version not shown during Superbowl).